Call Us Today! 888.491.8770
We Can Help You Achieve Your American Dream Effective & tailored legal solutions for every case.

M-1 Student Visas in Cleveland

Seek Assistance from a Cleveland Immigration Lawyer!

The United States is known for having some of the best higher-education institutions in the world, but this goes beyond just universities. Non-academic study such as trade schools, community colleges, or vocational programs are all highly-desirable for all types of students. Those based abroad who wish to study at one of these institutions in the United States are permitted to do so through the M-1 visa.

While these visas are available to those who wish to pursue an advanced education or obtaining a vocational skill, obtaining one is not always easy. At Sintsirmas & Mueller Co. L.P.A., our Cleveland immigration attorneys recognize the importance of guidance throughout the immigration process, and our team knows how to help you find success in your visa application.

We offer each of our clients unique, first-hand knowledge of the immigration process and personalized attention to help you seek the best possible result to your application. With more than 50 years of combined experience, our record of success and satisfied clients stands testament to our exceptional abilities.

M-1 Visa Requirements

The M-1 visa is not a key to study “generally;” you must be accepted to an educational institution and be able to maintain a full-time student status according to your school’s requirements.

In order to qualify for an M-1 visa, you must:

  • Be enrolled in a program that has a definitive goal and end-date (i.e. obtaining a trade certification or Associates’ degree)
  • Be enrolled and charged tuition as a full-time student (at least 12 semester or quarter hours, unless less is required to complete the course)
  • Be sufficiently proficient in English to pursue your course of study
  • Have “strong ties” to your home country, and intend to return there
  • Have strong financial standing to support yourself without working during your study program
  • Have health insurance to cover you during your study, if required by your sponsoring institution

Application Process

If you gain acceptance to one of these institutions, they will issue you an I-20 form which enables you to apply for your student visa. This form is extremely important, as it has start and end dates to your program that will define the terms of your visa. You may apply at the U.S. Embassy in your country or a U.S. Consulate. To do so, you will need to complete and submit the DS-160 form, plus a DS-157 if you are male and between the ages of 16-45. It’s strongly advised that you seek the help of an attorney for your application process, as applications are frequently denied due to small or otherwise common mistakes that an average person can easily make.

If your application is accepted, you will be granted entrance into the United States starting 90 days before your registration date. You are permitted to remain within the U.S. until 30 days after your course of study is completed, as indicated on your Form I-20M-N, or for up to one full year, whichever is less.

Before applying for an M-1 visa, call Sintsirmas & Mueller Co. L.P.A. and request a case evaluation with one of our attorneys today. 

Reasons to Choose Us:

  • We Have Over 50 Years Of Combined Legal Experience

  • We Build Personalized Legal Solutions

  • We Offer Each Client Supportive & One-On-One Attention

  • We are members of The American Immigration Lawyers Association