Call Us Today! 888.491.8770
We Can Help You Achieve Your American Dream Effective & tailored legal solutions for every case.

Marriage Green Cards in Cleveland

Get Help from a Cleveland Immigration Lawyer Today!

Any U.S. citizen or permanent resident living in the United States who marries a foreign national that entered the country legally may then sponsor their spouse for lawful permanent residency. In fact, marriage is one of the best and fastest ways to obtain permanent residency in the United States. However, a green card for marriage is not guaranteed and applications are still subject to heavy scrutiny to prevent abuse of this system. You should not hesitate to let a Cleveland immigration attorney review your case and help you obtain the desired result.

At Sintsirmas & Mueller Co. L.P.A., our professional team knows first-hand how important it is to have reputable and knowledgeable counsel on your side when dealing with an immigration issue. Our team offers personalized, dedicated attention to your case, and will walk you through the process step by step to help you obtain the best possible result.

With more than 50 years of combined experience and thousands of successful cases, our team has earned a proud track record as one of the premiere choices for immigration issues in the Cleveland and Twinsburg areas, as well as throughout the entire state.

For Spouses of U.S. Citizens

U.S. citizens have the ability to sponsor their spouse as an “immediate relative.” For these individuals, there is no waiting for visa numbers to become available; it is made available to you as soon as your petition is approved to allow you to apply for your Green Card. For spouses inside the U.S., they simply apply to have their immigration status adjusted to permanent resident, while those outside the U.S. must file for an immigration visa.

For Spouses of Permanent Residents

Permanent residents may also immediately apply to have their spouse receive a Green Card, but approval does not mean an automatic visa number like it would for a U.S. citizen. Instead, these individuals will have to wait for their priority date to become current. This can take quite a while, possibly even a few years. Once this date becomes current, then the beneficiary may apply to change their immigration status.

K-1 Visas

U.S. citizens may also be able to expedite the process through a different procedure: the K-1 visa. This is reserved for fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens to allow them to enter and remain in the United States for up to 90 days in order to allow them to get married and then apply for the adjustment in status.

Call Sintsirmas & Mueller Co. L.P.A. today to arrange an initial consultation and find out more about obtaining permanent residency for your spouse!

Reasons to Choose Us:

  • We Have Over 50 Years Of Combined Legal Experience

  • We Build Personalized Legal Solutions

  • We Offer Each Client Supportive & One-On-One Attention

  • We are members of The American Immigration Lawyers Association