Green Cards for Siblings Customized Legal Solutions For Your Case

Cleveland Sibling Green Card Attorneys

Trust Your Case to our Cleveland Immigration Attorneys

Do you have a sibling outside the United States? Do you wish to have them join you here permanently? You can! U.S. citizens over the age of 21 may petition for permanent residency on behalf of their sibling, allowing them to obtain a green card. No matter where you are in the U.S., we can help your sibling obtain a visa.

The United States Customs and Immigration Services defines “sibling” as:

  • Blood-related siblings
  • Adopted siblings
  • Step-siblings

The process for obtaining permanent residency is complex, even for U.S. citizens, and the wait time can be long. This means you will want to ensure you follow the process correctly the first time, to avoid having the application rejected. At Sintsirmas & Mueller Co. L.P.A., we know first-hand how difficult it can be to navigate through an immigration matter. We offer more than 50 years of collective experience to each of our clients, walking them through their application and interview with personalized attention to maximize their chances of success. We break down the specifics of your case to help you gain a full understanding of what’s next, and how you can best approach your immigration issue.

Start your case today! Call Sintsirmas & Mueller Co. L.P.A. by dialing (888) 491-8770 to request a case evaluation and speak with our attorneys today!

Blood-Related Siblings

In order to petition for a green card on behalf of a blood-related sibling, you must establish that you and your sibling share a parent. This can be done by providing copies of your birth certificate, showing that you share at least one parent. However, if you only share a father, you must also bring certificates showing marriage between your father and each mother, and show that each marriage was ended legally.

Adopted Siblings

If you or your sibling has been adopted, then whichever of you was adopted must submit an adoption decree from your home country, and show that the adoption took place before the 16th birthday.

Step Siblings

If the petitioning citizen and their sibling are related through a step-parent, then the application must also include a few extra pieces of documentation. First, you must also include documents of any prior marriages for both parents were legally terminated. Second, you must also include a marriage certificate between the natural and step-parent.

Waiting Period

Once you have successfully completed the application, the USCIS will send your sibling a notice with a priority date. Within 4-6 months, the USCIS will reach a decision regarding your petition; if it is accepted, it will be forwarded to the National Visa Center, where it will remain until your priority date becomes current. This will take several years, and could even take longer for those from China, India, Mexico, and the Philippines, where the wait times are longer.

Once your priority date becomes current, your application will be transferred to the U.S. Consulate in the sibling’s country. After undergoing an interview at the consulate, a visa will be stamped into the immigrating sibling’s passport, and their green card will be mailed they arrive in the U.S.

Contact Sintsirmas & Mueller Co. L.P.A. online now to let a member of our team handle your case! We are located in Cleveland and Twinsburg, OH.


  • “Very thankful for all the help I had throughout the whole immigration process, I cannot thank S&M enough for all the help and guidance. My family and I are finally worry free and glad to have such professionals besides us.”

    - Jun M.
  • “Best law firm I could have asked for to help with my case. Having a toddler and a baby on the way my husband was not on the best status to work and they helped us more than we could have imagined.”

    - Jazmin K.
  • “I had the pleasure of working with Sintsirmas and Mueller to process my green card application. They were amazing and incredibly helpful. The whole process was transparent, easy, and successful.”

    - Nonye A.
  • “Professional and helpful are the words that come to mind when I think of Sintsirmas & Mueller. When I was faced with a really sensitive personal case I was able to count on them to give me sound legal advice and always look out for my best interest.”

    - Ryan F.
  • “Caroline was kind and very professional. All my questions were answered and everyone at the firm were helpful and sincere. Everything was promptly done and my naturalization came much sooner than I thought.”

    - Lytle N.

Seize Your American Dream

Contact Us for a Free Consultation Today!
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.