Cleveland Green Card Attorneys
Twinsburg, Ohio Immigration Lawyers
Green cards, also known as permanent residence cards, allow you to live in the U.S. You will be able to travel freely and petition to sponsor family members to come to the U.S. once you are a permanent resident alien. After you have obtained your green card, you will also be eligible to apply for citizenship.
About Green Cards
If you are a permanent resident whose Form I-551 is going to expire soon or has already expired, you will need to apply for a green card. However, if you are outside of the U.S. and plan to return within the next year, but your green card will expire before you return, you will need to contact the nearest U.S. port of entry or consulate to check on your status and file for a renewal card once you have returned.
Are There Different Types of Green Cards?
Yes, there certainly are.
- Family-based green cards - Families with U.S. Citizenship may help a relative become a lawful permanent residence.
- Employment-based green card - The U.S. Immigration law allows a variety of ways for immigrants to get a green card through employment in the U.S.
- Marriage green cards - A U.S. citizen or permanent resident in the U.S. who marries a foreign native that entered the country legally may be able to sponsor for their permanent residency.
While a green card does not make you a citizen of the U.S., it does allow you to live in the country for your intended purposes without fear of removal.
Who Is Eligible for a Green Card?
Although there are a number of different options, green cards are available in specific situations.
Green card options are typically available to:
- Children and siblings of current U.S. citizens
- Children of current green cardholders
- Spouses and parents of current U.S. citizens
- Spouses of current green cardholders
- Managers of national companies
- Persons with extraordinary abilities
- Investors intending to spend a great deal of money
- Skilled workers in a special field
Knowledgeable Immigration Lawyer Ready to Help
Regardless of your individual situation, you can count on our Cleveland immigration lawyers and team at Sintsirmas & Mueller Co. L.P.A. to provide you with our knowledge and resources to help you from start to finish. At our firm, we represent clients throughout Northeast Ohio and the entire U.S. and we understand how complex and overwhelming the process can be. If you have any questions, concerns, or need assistance with any immigration-related matters, turn to our attorneys for our legal guidance. We serve specifically the residents of Cleveland, Painesville, Westlake, Akron and surrounding areas. We also serve residents in the State of Ohio and the entire U.S.