K-3 Visa (Spouse) Customized Legal Solutions For Your Case

K-3 Visa (Spouse) Lawyer in Cleveland

Cleveland Immigration Lawyers

The K-3 marriage visa allows the immigrating spouse of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States with a nonimmigrant visa while awaiting approval of their Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative. While the K-1 fiancé visa deals with those who intend to wed, the K-3 visa is for already-married (outside of the U.S.) couples.

If you require a K-3 visa, do not hesitate to contact our Cleveland immigration attorneys at Sintsirmas & Mueller Co. L.P.A. We have over 50 years of collective experience in solving family-based immigration matters such as naturalization, green cards, and student visas.

What Are the Basic Requirements?

To be eligible for a K-3 marriage visa, an individual must:

Applying for a K-3 Visa

To apply for a K-3 visa, you must first file a Form I-130 petition on behalf of your spouse. Only after USCIS sends you confirmation they have received your Form I-130 petition can you then send in a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé.

K-3 Visa Petition Is Submitted, Now What?

Once USCIS approves the I-129F application, it is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC is responsible for processing your spouse’s application and running a criminal background check. The NVC will forward it to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in the country where you were married.

The U.S. Consulate or Embassy will send you instructions on finalizing your application, which requires a medical examination and an interview.

Medical Examination

All K-3 visa applicants must undergo a medical examination by an authorized physician before an interview. During the examination, you spouse is not required to get any vaccinations, but it is highly recommended they do because the vaccinations are required once they apply to become a permanent U.S. resident.


During an interview, fingerprints will be taken and a criminal background check will be performed. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will provide specific information to your spouse about their interview and will advise them of documents they will need to bring.

These may include:

  • A valid passport
  • A birth certificate
  • Marriage certificates
  • Divorce or death certificates
  • Police certificates
  • Proof of medical examination
  • Evidence of financial support

What Happens After a K-3 Marriage Visa Application Is Approved?

Once the K-3 application is approved, your spouse may enter the United States. The U.S. Embassy will provide your spouse their K-3 visa, along with additional documents. After your spouse arrives in the U.S., an immigration officer will open the packet. Your spouse may then begin their green card application and seek employment authorization.

Will the K-3 Visa Expire?

Your spouse’s K-3 visa is good for 2 years, unless any of the following happens, which will cause the visa to automatically expire after 30 days:

  • USCIS denies their Form I-130 petition, Form I-485 or immigrant visa application
  • Your spouse files for divorce or annulment

Contact Sintsirmas & Mueller Co. L.P.A. Today!

Serving Individuals Throughout Ohio and the Entire U.S.

Our team of Cleveland immigration attorneys have experience with the K-3 visa, as well as the H2A, H1A, H1B, J visas, F visas and investor visas. We provide our clients who are seeking visas, with skilled and aggressive legal assistance. We have office locations in Cleveland and Twinsburg.

Call us at (888) 491-8770 or contact us online today!


  • “Very thankful for all the help I had throughout the whole immigration process, I cannot thank S&M enough for all the help and guidance. My family and I are finally worry free and glad to have such professionals besides us.”

    - Jun M.
  • “Best law firm I could have asked for to help with my case. Having a toddler and a baby on the way my husband was not on the best status to work and they helped us more than we could have imagined.”

    - Jazmin K.
  • “I had the pleasure of working with Sintsirmas and Mueller to process my green card application. They were amazing and incredibly helpful. The whole process was transparent, easy, and successful.”

    - Nonye A.
  • “Professional and helpful are the words that come to mind when I think of Sintsirmas & Mueller. When I was faced with a really sensitive personal case I was able to count on them to give me sound legal advice and always look out for my best interest.”

    - Ryan F.
  • “Caroline was kind and very professional. All my questions were answered and everyone at the firm were helpful and sincere. Everything was promptly done and my naturalization came much sooner than I thought.”

    - Lytle N.

Seize Your American Dream

Contact Us for a Free Consultation Today!
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.