Foreign Labor Application Gateway

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) released its new Foreign Labor Application Gateway (FLAG) system on October 1st. H-2A petitioners who want to apply for the temporary agricultural worker program will now have to use FLAG. When employers file the H-2A application for a temporary labor certification in FLAG, they will receive an electronic certification if it is approved.

Applications for a temporary labor certification that are processed in FLAG must also include a printed copy of the electronic one-page final determination of the H-2A temporary labor certification approval. USCIS says it will “consider a printed copy of the final determination as your original and valid temporary labor certification.”

When using the FLAG system, you need to also make sure your DOL Case Number identified on the final determination is the same as the ETA Case Number you wrote down in Part 5, Item 2 of Form I-129.

Consult with Our Trusted Attorneys

Do you need help with your H-2A visa application? Are you having issues with the FLAG system? If so, get in touch with our legal team at Sintsirmas & Mueller Co. L.P.A. to discuss your situation. We can review the details of your case and determine if you meet the specific requirements. Our lawyers have more than 50 years of experience assisting clients with their immigration matters, and we are prepared to put our skills to work for you today.

Call (888) 491-8770, or contact us online to request your case consultation with a member of our law firm.