Cancellation of Removal Proceedings in Cleveland
We Can Assist with the Cancellation of Removal Proceedings in Cleveland
For those who are currently facing criminal charges or violating other
laws, there is the very real threat of being removed from the U.S. You
can fight removal proceedings, and other
deportation matters with the assistance of our immigration attorneys serving North
Cancellation of removal can put a halt to any deportation or removal orders.
For those who believe these charges made have no legal basis, it is best
that you secure legal representation right away to determine whether or
not there were grounds for your removal.
What Are the Requirements?
The U.S. government must have issued a Notice to Appear (NTA) that states
the charges against you may be subject you to removal. There are different
ways to petition for a cancellation of removal based on your status—whether
or not you are a permanent resident.
These are the requirements for non-permanent residents:
- Must have continuously lived and is currently present in the U.S. for at
least 10 years
- Has consistently demonstrated “good moral character”
- Must not have had any serious criminal convictions on record
- The petition must reveal that the individual’s family would experience
extreme hardship if removed
These are the requirements for permanent residents:
- Must have lived in the U.S. continuously for at least 7 years
- Must have had legal permanent resident status for at least 5 years
- Cancellation cannot be granted to those convicted of aggravated felonies
As always, feel free to consult with a seasoned Cleveland
immigration lawyer so that you can fight your removal proceedings. At Sintsirmas &
Mueller Co. L.P.A., we know how to face even the most difficult of circumstances.
Fight to Retain Your Residency Status!
We are prepared to take action on your behalf and find relief from deportation
proceedings. When you have us on your side, not only do you have aggressive
defense on your side, but also knowledgeable legal insight to ensure you
have the greatest chance of finding a favorable outcome.
Contact our Cleveland immigration lawyers today to
request an appointment.